About the Club
This club was formed in late fall 2002. We hope to include all enthusiasts of retrieving breeds. Those who participate in all venues open to retrievers and who believe in the “Total Dog” as set forth by the United Kennel Club, Inc.
We believe that our dogs need to remain true to their heritage (hunting instincts) while still holding true to their structure and excellent temperaments. We strive to bring all of those elements into one club, the United Retriever Club.
We also strive to keep the family, friendly atmosphere of the club.
The purpose and objectives of this club are:
1. To be an association that unites all Retriever Breed owners. Breeds include the Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Curly-Coated Retriever, Flat-Coated Retriever, Golden Retriever, Labrador Retriever, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever and the Standard Poodle.
2. To protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging total dogs. A Retriever that can prove its hunting heritage, reflect the standard of the breeds and possess temperaments applicable to their breed.
3. To urge the members and breeders to accept the standard of the breeds as approved by the UKC.
4. To protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, and all performance events.
5. To develop a basic hunt test program that tests the Retrievers instincts.
6. To encourage responsibility and quality in the ethical breeding of purebred Retrievers so to utilize and enhance the natural qualities of the breed.
7. To encourage U.K.C. Litter registration.