Thank you for your interest in joining the United Retriever Club.
Interested in Joining the United Retriever Club?
Our philosophy. We believe that our dogs need to remain true to their heritage (hunting instincts) while still holding true to their structure and excellent temperaments. We strive to bring all of those elements into one club, the United Retriever Club. The purpose and objectives of this club are:
1. To be an association that unites all Retriever Breed owners. Breeds include the Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Curly-Coated Retriever, Flat-Coated Retriever, Golden Retriever, Labrador Retriever, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever and the Standard Poodle.
2. To protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging total dogs. A Retriever that can prove its hunting heritage, reflect the standard of the breeds and possess temperaments applicable to their breed.
3. To urge the members and breeders to accept the standard of the breeds as approved by the U.K.C.
4. To protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, and all performance events.
5. To develop a basic hunt test program that tests the Retrievers instincts.
6. To encourage responsibility and quality in the ethical breeding of purebred Retrievers so to utilize and enhance the natural qualities of the breed.
7. To encourage U.K.C. Litter registration.
Eligibility. There shall be (5) types of membership open to any breeder, owner, or fancier of the Retriever type dog breeds, who subscribes to the purpose and objectives of the Association, agrees to abide by the Association Constitution and Bylaws, and who is in good standing with the U.K.C.
Types of Membership.
Open to members 18 years of age or older. Single members are entitled to one vote and are eligible to hold office in the Association.
Single members who joined the Association on or before March 1, 2003 shall be entitled to the designation “Charter Member.”
Open to any two members of a household 18 years of age or older. Each Family/Household membership is entitled to two votes, but only one member may hold office at any one time.
Members who are not active in breeding or exhibiting but assist in events. Associate members shall not be entitled to vote nor hold office, but shall be eligible for annual trophies or awards offered by or through the Association.
Junior membership is open to any individual who is under the age of 18. Juniors may convert to Regular Membership upon reaching their 18th birthday. Junior members shall not be entitled to vote nor eligible to hold office, but shall be eligible for annual trophies or awards offered by or though the Association.
Single Membership & Charter - $ 15.00; Family/Household Membership - $ 25.00;
Associate Membership - $ 10.00; Junior Membership - $ 0.00.
Submitting the application.
Each applicant for membership in the Association shall apply on a board-approved Application for Membership. The application shall provide that the applicant agrees to abide by the Constitution, Bylaws and the rules and regulations of the United Kennel Club. The prospective member shall submit the completed application and dues payment for the current year to the Secretary at which time the applicant’s membership shall become effective. Make checks payable to the United Retriever Club.